St. Paul's Lutheran School provides a complete education to children from preschool through fifth grade. This website gives a brief introduction to the program. We invite you to visit St. Paul's and discover what a difference quality Christian education can make in your child's life today . . . and in the future.
We now offer a full-time, all day, everyday preschool and kindergarten programs. Call us for information.
Feel free to contact me with questions about our program as you consider enrolling your child at our school.
Mrs. Alyce Strong Davis, Principal
St. Paul's is located in downtown Sioux City across from Mercy Hospital at 6th & Jennings. Our campus includes a spacious play area and playground, ample parking and a convenient location.
St. Paul's Lutheran School is a ministry of St. Paul's Lutheran Church. We welcome your participation in the life of our congregation!
Daily Bible study, weekly chapel service, field trips and sporting events, along with band, choir and more increase school fun. A hot lunch program serves up healthy meals and an active PTL supports additional activities. PTL Schedule 2020-2021 (1)
We still have room in most classes! Contact us for more info and to schedule a tour. Call: (712)258-6325 and ask for Mrs. Strong or email us at email@example.com You may also check us out at www.stpaulslutheranschoolsiouxcity.org and @Facebook/stpaulslutheranchurchschool.
St. Paul’s is state and nationally accredited. We care about the health and safety of our students, families, and staff foremost. We will do our best to follow public health, CDC, and Iowa Department of Education guidelines when possible.
OUR RETURN-TO-LEARN PLAN FOR 2020-2021:
- To limit the number of people in the building, parents are to bring their children to the east gym door and check students into Extended Care (Extended Care starts at 7:25 AM) or drop them off at the front buzz-in door after 8:30AM. If you need to pick up your child early, we ask that you come to the front door, buzz in, and wait for your child to be brought to you.
- Parents are asked to take their child’s temperature before school. If a child shows symptoms and has a temperature of 100.5 or higher, please keep your child home. If a child shows more than one symptom and has a temperature of 100.5 or higher, he/she will be sent home. The staff will follow the same guidelines.
- All classrooms will be limited to 50% capacity. Groups will be limited to one or two classes.
- The lunchroom and gym will be used for serving lunch, so only 10-12 will be served at a time. Please, send a water bottle each day, as we will try to avoid access drinking fountain use.
- Students and staff may wear masks if desired but will not be required or forced to wear one. Masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer will be available by each room.
- SPLS will teach and reinforce hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, following CDC guidelines. When soap and water are not readily available, hand sanitizer will be available.
- STUDENT GATHERINGS:
Schools may not be able to guarantee that physical distancing can be met throughout the school day. We will do our best to encourage mask wear when distancing is difficult, but it will not be required. Chapel will be at the church with only 3 to a pew and every other pew used. Parents are asked to stay in the back few pews. Bleachers will be marked for distancing for school assemblies.