The PTL (Parent Teacher League) is a support arm of the school. All parents and teachers are automatically members. They support the school in many ways and help keep tuition affordable for all families through their fundraising projects. Watch for more information about their plans for the year.
Ways to Help St. Paul's Lutheran School
- Scrip is called “shopping cart fundraising.” Scrip is a popular fundraiser because families don’t have to sell anything. Organization members raise revenue by buying items they might anyway. Groceries, clothing, toys, gifts–even gasoline–can be purchased with scrip. Contact Beth Bowman at 255-0635 or Susie Joines at 252-0058 with any questions. Order forms are available in the church office.
- Big G Box Tops for Education: save Box Tops from hundreds of marked products.
- HyVee School Bucks Fundraiser: save grocery receipts from all HyVee stores in Sioux City and South Sioux City (sorry, no gas receipts accepted). Make sure the date is on your receipt.
- Tyson Project A+: save the “Support Your School” label on Tyson frozen food products.
- Ink Jet Cartridges: save used inkjet cartridges from your computer printers.
Containers for all of the above are located in the church office, in the narthex at church, and in school building classrooms.
Thanks for your support!
PTL Meeting Dates
- Sept. 13 – 6:15pm/Gym
- Nov. 10 – during movie @ Mall
- Feb. 10 – 5:30pm Potluck/Meeting @ 6:00pm
- April 7 – 5:30pm Potluck/6:00pm Meeting
Dates to Remember
- Sept. 13 – Open House (5:30pm – Pizza Potluck w/ice cream @ 6:15pm - Open House with Teachers)
- Sept. 19-21 – Outdoor Education/Okoboji (4th & 5th Grades/Mrs. Carrig & Mrs. Davis)
- Sept. 24-Oct. 5 – Donuts Sales for new Risers
- Oct. ? – Roller Skating/Rollerama (3:00 - 5:00pm /Mrs. Davis)
- Oct. 31 – Fall Party (1:00-2:50pm /Gym) /Roomparents
- Nov. 10– Movie & Meeting @ Mall (9:00am)
- Dec. 13 – Christmas Program (7:00pm/Church) Mrs. Strong Davis
- Dec. 21 – Christmas Parties (9:00-10:50am /Gym)/Roomparents
- Jan. 27 – Possible Choir tour
- Jan. 27-Feb. 2 – Lutheran Schools Week
- Jan. 31 – Cultural Fair (5:30pm Food & Games) **Each class will make at least one booth
- Feb. 14 – Valentines Parties (1:30-2:50pm - Classrooms) /Roomparents
- Feb. 28 – Kindergarten/Preschool Roundup (6:30-7:30pm/Gym - Ms. Chellew & Ms. VanCura)
- March 3 – Waffle Brunch/Gym (8:00am- 1:00pm/Nick Gunn & Committee)
- March 10 – Flea Market/Gym (9:00am - 2:00pm / Candace Leff)
- April 17 – Easter Party (1:30 - 2:50pm/Gym)
- May 2 – Operetta/Gym (7:00pm)
- May 10 – Field Day/***Boone
- May 10 & 11 – Plant Sales/ Sarah Gunn & Alicia Behrens
- May 28 – Graduation/Church (7:00pm)/4th Grade Parents
- May 30 – Picnic (TBA - Mrs. Zirpel) /Riverside